Day 1 Birthday Post - From Mom And Dad

Hi McClain, This year I wanted to celebrate you and all the amazing things I remember about you. This time of year makes me think about all the memories I have surrounded by being your mother. So Lets get started! I want to email you for the next 20 days with memories of you, since this year you will be turning 20! I honestly can't believe it and I want you to know how incredibly proud I am of you. 1. When you were born, I remember feeling like it was such a spiritual and special time. I was so grateful for my preparation for Christmas that year and the gift of getting to sit with you and hold you. Such a precious gift. 2. When you turned one you were full of spunk! You wanted to walk and explore everything. I was so grateful to be the mom of a little boy and realized what fun you were going to be! I loved all the cute little boy clothes and Madison loved having a little brother so much too! This was such a special time of life and brings back so many wonderful memories for me. Love you McClain! Love, Mom hi McClain - To add to this - I remember coming straight from IHS audit room, meeting mom halfway to the hospital, and then driving there with her. We were so excited for your arrival, but it came a day or two sooner than we were expecting. I think we had long planned out your name McClain Ray, as a recognition of special people in our family - my dad and his twin brother and then mom's dad and her grandpa (and even Grandma Connie's middle name is Rae). You have always been so true to your name! I also recall calling Jeff one night when you were very, very young, and you were asleep on my chest as I was watching sports. I called Jeff to say how fun it was to have a buddy to watch sports with. You have always been my buddy and into all sorts of sports. We love you lots and pray for you daily. Today we were able to fast for you. We can't wait to talk to you on Monday and hear about your week and if the baptisms took place today. Love Dad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming Talk

Week 100 of my Mission