Happy Birthday Day 12
Hi McClain,
I hope you are back home now and that all your travels went well! I love the pictures I found for tonight! As I look at so many pictures when you are 12, I see team work in all of them! You learned early in life to work as a team with our family. I love seeing how you worked as a team with Dad and Drew and then with our family in a race and then when you were in elementary school with Drew and Ella and you walked home with them and looked out for them. You have worked together with our family and your sibling and that has prepared you to work as a team mate on your mission. You are a leader in your mission like you were at home and you are a wonderful team mate.
I love you! I hope today was a great day!
Love,
Mom
I love reading these each time mom sends them and the pictures always bring back such great memories. I thought you guys being able to walk to elementary school together was the coolest thing and reminded me of walking to school with Jeff (and Kristy). That picture on the front porch is an all time classic!
I have also thought a lot about you turning 12. I was so excited to ordain you a deacon and for you to receive the Aaronic Priesthood and really start your preparation for a mission. You have always been a faithful disciple and diligent in preparing to serve a mission.
The running picture makes me think of a scripture that is applicable for you now, and for your work as a leader in the mission.
Mosiah 4:27
posted in: Book of Mormon | 0
And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.
Mosiah 4:27
The Lord will always bless you to be able to work hard, and you have to use the guidance of His spirit to know when you have worked hard enough and it is time to rest.
We love you. Keep up the great work!

Comments
Post a Comment