Week 10

Happy late Thanksgiving!!! I can count the amount of people in Costa Rica who celebrate Thanksgiving on one hand, but my comp and I had some fun with the holiday. The week was pretty normal with a lot of good hard work. My comp and I have hit all time highs with the amount we are walking. I honestly think we are doing somewhere between 5 and 10 miles a day and it has been exhausting but very fulfilling. When Thursday came around we were in full swing for just about the whole day, but by nighttime we had a little bit of Thanksgiving fun. Went over to Kokos, our favorite restaurant here and ordered some patacones - pretty much tacos made with a platano tortilla. If that's still foreign, pretty much tacos but instead of tortillas, bananas. Definitely a different Thanksgiving feast but loved it anyways. Got to see the fam for a few minutes at night. Being on a mission means sacrificing certain traditions, which really means a lot around the holidays, but it really is worth it. Loved this scripture this week... But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Although this year I didn't get much of a Thanksgiving, I am so happy, because I got to trade that for a greater purpose. Serving the lord is so fulfilling. It has been raining non stop for the last 2 days so all of my shoes are completely soaked, all part of the experience haha. The tough part is things literally do not dry here. I have bad a towel hanging for over a week and it is still soaked. Traded snow for pure rain!! We struck a deal with a local restaurant owned by a member to feed my comp and I every day for dirt cheap, so we will be eating like kings. Restaurants here are often called sodas, and really just have casados (rice beans meat Platano and salad), platanos, and Gallo pinto. But they never disappoint. Been working on English with the comp, which was awesome when like 10 gringos showed up to church. We are the closest chapel to la Fortuna, one of the most popular tourist destinations in Costa Rica. Always a shock but fun to see people from all over the world here. Actually most just Utah haha. Thanks for reading!!! Have an awesome week!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homecoming Talk

Week 100 of my Mission