Homecoming Talk Elder McClain Easton 14/08/22 Prompt: Will you speak on how obedience brought you and those you taught closer to Christ? What do I want them to know? ● We come to be like the Savior by way of obedience. ● The Savior lives, leads his church, can transform us, and transformed me by way of obedience. I. Introduction A. Elder Easton B. The Costa Rica San Jose Oeste Mission y la misión de Bakersfield en California C. DO NOT SAY “I WAS ASKED TO SPEAK ABOUT...” II. First night of the mission A. I remember the first night of the mission as if it were yesterday. Upon arriving in Bakersfield, we walked out of the airport and saw the mission president. He took us back to the mission office, sat us down, and began the orientation. The first day of a mission is remarkably difficult from an emotional standpoint. Leaving the family behind, leaving home behind, and the unknown of the future makes it pretty hard to focus on what lies ahead. I clearly remember when the president changed...
Comments
Post a Comment